About Healthcare Heartbeat:
Working with Australian healthcare professionals since 2005 has given us at insight into the sector and the challenges that healthcare workers face daily. Healthcare Heartbeat addresses these specific challenges, aiming to inspire positive change to a workforce at breaking point.
Healthcare Heartbeat unites businesses that offer mental health and wellbeing services tailored for healthcare and emergency services workers. These reputable businesses and accredited programs have been specially selected with the recognition that 'not one size fits all' when it comes to the sustainable wellbeing of our workforce. Through Healthcare Heartbeat, healthcare and emergency services workers can access a range of mental and physical fitness training, self‑development courses, retreats, experiences, and meal delivery services. Healthcare and Emergency Services workers can also apply for grants to access these services for free. Healthcare Heartbeat is a subsidiary of World Youth International.
About World Youth International:
World Youth International was founded in 1988 by the late Robert Hoey, and has since facilitated meaningful volunteer opportunities for more than 4,000 Australians, and provided access to basic services such as healthcare and education for more than 40,000 people across the globe.
At the heart of all our work is a commitment to community‑led, sustainable development projects, and a belief in the power of volunteers to create real impact.
To educate, empower and inspire positive change within the global community.
World Youth International (WYI) is committed to:
- Creating innovative and exciting opportunities for people to live life passionately and contribute to the global community;
- Enhancing quality of life, strengthening communities and reducing poverty through sustainable development projects.
Our Organisational Structure:
- World Youth International and Healthcare Heartbeat are not for profit, non-religious and non-political international non-government organisations;
- We are approved as an Overseas Aid Gift Deduction Recipient by the Australian Taxation Department and the Department of Foreign Affairs;
- We are a registered Charitable Institution.